The Fiji Consulate General & Trade Commission to Australia & New Zealand (‘the Office’) based in Sydney, Australia, carries out trade and investment promotion, as well as consular activities, on behalf of the Fijian Government and aims to contribute to Fiji’s economic prosperity through:
- Improving market access for Fijian products and services in Australia and New Zealand;
- Investment Promotion;
- Export Promotion;
- Trade facilitation in areas of quarantine, customs, ports and immigration;
- Market Research and Intelligence for investment and export;
- Providing consular assistance in a timely manner; and
- Effectively promoting Fiji as an ideal business destination.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants for the following position. Specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be reviewed in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
The Office is seeking a suitably qualified individual for the position below:
REF: 02/2021 MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (Sydney)
An exciting opportunity is available for a passionate and energetic individual to join our team in Sydney as a Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies in business and/or public sector environments. Your ability to be a quick learner will be invaluable as will your ability to engage effectively with key stakeholders and clients.
You will also be valued for your ability to work successfully within an unstructured environment, influence others to act quickly and work well with key stakeholders. Ultimately you will use your underlying interpersonal skills, strong analytical abilities and proven good judgement to effectively and efficiently deliver key marketing and communications strategies within a complex operating environment.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a passionate, disciplined, driven and committed individual to contribute to the development of the Fijian economy and our people.
The position is responsible and accountable to the Consul-General and Trade Commissioner (or Officer-in-Charge) to Australia and New Zealand (CGTC ANZ).
The position will have the following overarching responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing and communications plan to achieve trade and investment targets
- Prospect the market for potential new business opportunities, effectively positioning and promoting Fiji and an ideal trade and investment destination
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with key clientele stakeholders
The position will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
- Contribute to the development of a marketing and communications strategy for the Fiji Consulate General & Trade Commission office
- Implementation of targeted trade and investment promotional initiatives and the development of supporting marketing materials/collateral
- Ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the office’s promotional efforts
- Assisting with online content creation (including website updates, publications, press releases etc.) as well as briefs, presentations and correspondence on trade and investment issues
- Updating and ongoing management of social media platforms
- Updating and maintaining a database of stakeholders/clients assisted by the Office and ensuring effective client and stakeholder engagements
- Assisting with the end-to-end organisation of events under the guidance of the Manager Trade & Investment
- Promoting positive communication and visibility of the work being undertaken by the office
- Supporting CGCT ANZ as well as the Manager Trade & Investment in achieving trade and investment targets and KPI’s for the office
- Any other tasks assigned by the Office.
Knowledge and Experience
- The Applicant should be an Australian citizen/Permanent Residency holder and possess relevant qualifications in the field of marketing & communications, advertising, commerce, economics, international relations, trade & development and/or other related fields
- Relevant work experience in a similar role or profession, preferably with a strong background and achievements in meeting targets in either a public or private sector environment, with a focus on results oriented strategic marketing and promotions and/or other related fields
- Possess a good understanding of client and stakeholder engagement and be an effective representative of CGTC ANZ on key issues.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skill combined with strong presentation and speaking skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to produce high quality reports and briefs that are user-friendly in a timely manner;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Understanding of teamwork and how to work effectively within a team environment;
- Strong administrative, time management and project management skills;
- Proficient with technology and digital literacy, including but not limited to;
- Website development (WordPress), digital marketing, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), YouTube, Webinar technology (Zoom etc), CRM, EDM, video editing, graphic design & content creation, MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working environment and relationships with all stakeholders;
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
Salary and duration of appointment: A competitive remuneration package AUD 60,000 p.a. plus 10% contribution towards superannuation based on qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate. The duration of appointment will be for 3 years. The incumbent will be responsible for their taxation arrangements and respecting all relevant laws of Australia.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment must be of good character and make a commitment to adhere to the public service values contained in the Fijian Constitution. Applicants must also an Australian citizen/Permanent Residency holder and in sound health, with a clean criminal record. The selected applicant may be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty. The incumbent will be obliged to maintain strict confidentially of all documentation and dealings with respect to the discharge of their duties and responsibilities.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please provide an updated resume (CV), at least three (3) referees with one being a current or most recent supervisor and a covering letter of no more than three pages, detailing your suitability for the role. Applications that do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications for the position must be submitted by 11.59pm on Sunday, 7 November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Fiji Consulate General Sydney and Trade Commission to Australia and New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our work in Australia and New Zealand please visit our website at www.investinfiji.today