The Fiji Consulate General and Trade Commission to Australia and New Zealand (‘the Office’) based in Sydney, Australia, carries out trade and investment promotion, as well as consular activities, on behalf of the Fijian Government and aims to contribute to Fiji’s economic prosperity through:
- Improving market access for Fijian products and services in Australia and New Zealand;
- Investment Promotion;
- Export Promotion;
- Trade facilitation in areas of quarantine, customs, ports and immigration;
- Market Research and Intelligence for investment and export;
- Providing consular assistance in a timely manner; and
- Effectively promoting Fiji as an ideal business destination.
About the role
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in advising and influencing senior stakeholders within business and in broader community environments. Your ability to be a quick learner will be invaluable as will your ability to engage effectively with key clients.
You will also be valued for your ability to work successfully within an unstructured environment, influence others to act quickly and work well with senior stakeholders. Ultimately you will use your underlying interpersonal skills, strong analytical abilities and proven good judgement to effectively and efficiently deliver key consular services within a complex operating environment.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a passionate, disciplined, driven and committed individual to contribute to the development of the Fijian economy and our people.
The position is responsible and accountable to the Consul General and Trade Commissioner to Australia and New Zealand (CGTC ANZ).
The position will have the following overarching responsibilities:
- Deliver consular services to relevant clientele in an efficient and timely manner;
- Be an effective conduit to the Fijian community in Australia with the aim of promoting unity and harmony;
- Support the Office in organising community events and programmes that will fulfill the above objectives; and
- Ensure effective communication and visibility of the work of the Office within the Fijian diaspora and broader Australian community.
Benefits and perks
The Fiji Consulate General & Trade Commission Office is ideally located in the heart of the Sydney CBD, adjacent to Hyde Park and nearby to convenient amenities such as gyms, restaurants and public transportation. We have just moved into a new facility and values encompassing a strong work/life balance, high job satisfaction and team morale are integral to our work environment and part of our ethos. The Office comprises a team of empowered professionals who are committed and passionate about serving the people of Fiji.
Skills and experience
- The Applicant should be a Fijian citizen or Australian citizen/Permanent Residency holder and possess relevant qualifications in the field of immigration, customs, border control, community development or any other related field;
- Have at least five (5) years’ relevant work experience in a similar senior role, preferably with a strong background and achievements in meeting targets in either a public or private sector environment;
- Have sound knowledge and strong understanding of different Fijian cultures and traditions, in particular the iTaukei culture and traditional ceremonies, as the incumbent will be required to represent the Office at these important events;
- Understand the legislative framework and regulations pertaining to immigration and other consular areas of responsibility; and
- Possess a good understanding of community and stakeholder engagement, preferably in the Australian context, and be an effective representative of CGTC ANZ on key community issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skill combined with strong presentation and speaking skills;
- A leader and self-starter with the ability to produce high quality reports and briefs that are user-friendly in a timely manner;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Understanding of teams and how to work effectively within a team environment;
- Strong management, administrative, organisational and project management ability;
- Proficient with technology & computer literacy in MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel;
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working environment and relationships with all stakeholders;
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills; and
- Current drivers licence.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please provide an updated resume (CV), at least three (3) referees with one being a current or recent supervisor and a covering letter of no more than three pages, which explains how you meet the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications for the position must be submitted by 4.30pm on Friday, 24 August 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Fiji Consulate General Sydney and Trade Commission to Australia and New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our work in Australia and New Zealand please visit our website at www.investinfiji.today