Fiji’s renowned culture of hospitality and resourcefulness delivers exceptional value for investors. There are many examples of commercial success resulting from investment ventures by international partners. Fiji offers a compelling investment proposition and has a stable political environment that encourages economic growth and development. Continued investment in infrastructure, education and training have implications not only for the attractiveness of Fiji as a location to investors, but also for the quality of inward investment. Investment Fiji is witnessing a growing interest from large multinationals.
Economic stability is essential for attracting significant inward investment; with Fiji having both low levels of inflation and positive GDP growth since 2010. There has been a sharp rise in confidence of the domestic private sector and foreign investors with new bank lending for investment purposes rising consistently. Fiji is also the regions foremost trading hub with excellent shipping routes across the Pacific Islands. Fiji has spent a total of $11 billion worth of road infrastructure and 1,200 bridges, 47 jetties, 5 commercial ports, 25 local and 2 international airports.
Fiji has a business friendly tax structure that supports innovation and investment with 20% corporate tax, 17% for a foreign company that relocates its HQ’s to Fiji and a lower rate of 10% for companies listed on the South Pacific Stock Exchange. The Fijian Government has announced a number of incentives and pro-growth policies to attract investments and encourage economic growth that is stable and sustainable. Government plans to increase per capita income by fourfold over the next 20 years.
The continuous enhancement of infrastructure, growth of our tourism industry, advantages of a young population, a first class English-speaking workforce, natural flair of services, conducive business environment and low entry costs are key ingredients of Fiji’s continued success.
Investment Fiji is the trade and investment promotion arm of the Fiji government and is responsible for stimulating, promoting and facilitating investment and trade in Fiji. Contact Investment Fiji for detailed information on investment opportunities, incentives, business registration and licenses, work permits, taxation, foreign exchange control and cost structure. Check out their latest promotional video on investing in Fiji.
Fiji Qualities and Business Capacity
- Fiji has a secure business environment and has many investment opportunities specialising in manufacturing, garments/textile, fisheries, forestry, agro-processing, flori-culture, tourism, mining and services including information technology & business process outsourcing
- Fiji has easy and reliable access to global communications and transportation (shipping and air travel) routes.
- State of the art telecommunication infrastructure that provides links through fibre optic cable connections and satellites to the rest of the world.
- Well-developed infrastructure, particularly electricity, water supply, international airports and wharfs.
- Well-developed banking and financial institutions providing full financial services as well as fast registration of foreign investment projects.
- Fiji has good health and medical facilities, including a modern private hospital and medical centres,
as well as a well-educated workforce, with a literacy rate of 93.7%.
Fiji has Industry Associations Through
- Fiji has a Corporate Tax Rate of 20%.
- Listed company on the South Pacific Stock Exchange (SPSE) will be subject to a low corporate
tax rate of 10% provided the company has 40 percent local shareholding structure.
- A foreign company that establishes/relocates its Headquarters to Fiji will be subject to a low
corporate tax rate of 17%.
- Fiji has many tax-free regions, notably; Savusavu Industrial Zone, Rotuma, Kadavu, Levuka,
Lomaiviti and Lau.
More information on taxes and exemptions can be found below:
Foreign Investment Legislation and Certificates
- [email protected]
- (02) 99000700
- (02) 9098 9360
- Suite 1, Level 8, 227 Elizabeth St,
Sydney 2000, NSW, Australia
CLOSED( View All Timings )
Mon - Thu 9 AM to 5 PM Fri 9 AM to 4.30 PM Closed Saturday & Sunday and all Fiji & Australian Public Holidays