Can I travel to Fiji for purposes other than a holiday?

Persons travelling to Fiji for purposes other than a holiday will only be given 14 days visa. They will need to visit the Fiji Immigration Department within 14 days after their arrival in Fiji and apply for a relevant permit. A permit must be obtained prior to the activity being undertaken (eg work in any form, internship, study, research, investment, residence, yachting/crewing).

Note: Persons other than those from visa-exempt countries must first apply for a visitor’s visa before travelling to Fiji and are required to then apply for the relevant permit within 14 days after arrival in Fiji.

Permits are NOT processed by the Fiji High Commission (Canberra) or Fiji Consulate General (Sydney).