NEW ZEALAND – FIJI : TRADE PROFILE
Two way trade of goods between Fiji and New Zealand totalled $975 million FJD ($678 million NZD) in 2018.
- Fiji is New Zealand’s 19th largest trading partner and New Zealand is Fiji’s 3rd largest export destination of goods
- 6.5% of Fijian exports go to New Zealand
- Annual imports from Fiji were $98.7 million NZD for 2018
- Major Fijian exports to NZ are textile clothing, taro, pharmaceutical products and kava
All plants and plant products are PROHIBITED entry into New Zealand, unless an import health standard has been issued in accordance with Section 22 of the Biosecurity Act 1993.
Click here to view an approved list of commodities from Fiji approved by the Ministry of Primary Industries.
Click here to view the list of treatment appendices for approved commodities from Fiji by the Ministry of Primary Industries.
For further information, please click here to contact the Biosecurity Authority of Fiji or click here to visit their website.
Other Regulations in New Zealand
- For information regarding tariff classification, please refer to the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment Tariffs in New Zealand.
- For more information on the South Pacific Regional Trade and Economic Co-operation Agreement (SPARTECA), please click here.
- Some categories of good are prohibited or restricted. To see if your intended import falls under these categories, please refer to the New Zealand Customs Service’s list of prohibited and restricted goods.
- For information regarding exporting commodities to New Zealand please refer to the New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries import guide.
- If your business imports pre-packaged goods, or sells goods by measurement the goods must comply with the Measurement Standards Act 1992. For more information please refer to the Measurement Standards Laboratory of New Zealand webpage.
- For further information on New Zealand, please click here to contact the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or click here to visit their website.
The information on this page is intended for general information only and does not constitute legal advice, taxation advice or any other professional advice. It should not be relied upon as such, and we recommend that interested parties obtain adequate professional advice before making financial or legal decisions. The information is general and may omit details relevant to individual circumstances. We are not liable for any loss arising from reliance on this information. The information is provided in good faith and derived from sources believed to be accurate and current at the time of publication.
- [email protected]
- (02) 99000700
- (02) 9098 9360
- Suite 1, Level 8, 227 Elizabeth St,
Sydney 2000, NSW, Australia
Open till 5.00pm( View All Timings )
Mon - Thu 9 AM to 5 PM Fri 9 AM to 4.30 PM Closed Saturday & Sunday and all Fiji & Australian Public Holidays